Monday, August 08, 2005

Loose ends

Well, I guess I broke my promise not to post again for a few days. Just thought I'd address a few things...

So I started this blog (okay, its a blog, and I too am an unemployed crank) thinking it would only be read by friends and family. After putting in a counter, which I expected to increase at the same rate as the population of Shunk, PA, I found that I've had many more visits than expected. So,

A) Cameron is our family dog. She isn't a comatose relative, or an Amish friend to whom I can't write email. I miss my dog.

B) As delightfully sad as it would be to write my own comments, I don't really have time for such a thing. Reading any comment with half a compliment under an anonymous name, I assume it's my dad reading from home. By all means, I love feedback (do help me make this blog better), but if you could leave a name in the body of the comment, I'd be very appreciative.

C) The phrase is "Trudni no pravda," which has a completely different meaning from "Trudni na pravda." I still can't get the transliteration thing down with the Russian o's and a's. Sorry if this has caused anyone material harm in the meantime.

D) Do let me know if the counter starts launching pop-ups or anything. I'm always a bit suspicious of free programs on the net.

E) I've put in some pictures, and will probably continue to post some shots. They may not be timely, though, as finding computers with USB ports can be tricky.

Lastly, I wanted to drop a link for Belarussian Adam's blog, Being Had. It has a lot of great writings, full of all that commentary on life in Belarus which I so enjoyed. Though his book has been taken down for a bit, I'm sure it will be revised and back online soon. Check it out.

Much love from Lviv.

3 Comments:

At Mon Aug 08, 10:53:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog. Will have to come back again.

Come by and check out my moissanite engagement ring site. It's got lots of moissanite engagement ring info.

See ya there :-)

 
At Mon Aug 08, 03:28:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking what you're writing. This is real.

 
At Wed Aug 10, 06:56:00 AM EDT, Blogger John Malcovitch said...

Haha thanks Sam. Any idea how to get rid of engagement ring ads?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home