Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Stockholm

Well, another day, another adventure. I was scouting around for ferry prices and found a great ticket that was much cheaper than another night in Helsinki. So, I'm in Stockholm.

The trip was quite cool, since the "ferry" was actually one of those leviathan Cruise ships. The views from the top deck were gorgeous, and I (never having been on such a ship before) was struck by the size. There was a mall in the middle of it.

Of course, my ego was kept in check by my status on board. My cabin had no windows being so far under the water, deck two of twelve. There were two floors of automobiles above us. It would have been nice to be 4th or 5th class at least, but lo, I was ballast.

This wasn't a bother, though, since the ticket very cheap, and I had two young backpackers (French Canadian and Japanese) as cabin mates. With cheap wine from the duty free store, great views from the ob.deck, and a large onboard sauna, it was smooth-crusing.

Helsinki was okay, but nothing to wet myself over. Most museums were closed on Monday, but there wasn't really anything I cared to stay for. I've only been in Stockholm a few hours, but I'm already excited by what I see. Maybe I'll spend more than a day in this here country.



P.S. Maddox put up a neat little summation of everything wrong with "Blogging" recently. Seems to have forgotten he´s pretty much a blogger himself, though. If you don´t know who Maddox is, you'd better not try finding him.

2 Comments:

At Tue Aug 23, 07:45:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, liked your lowdown on being low down in the bilge.

 
At Thu Aug 25, 07:16:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Finns love our country. Come back and you will too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home